25 January 2009

A good meal and good company

Dan and Jennifer came over for dinner tonight. I served a cranberry-apricot-apple pork roast, roast potatoes, and steamed asparagus. Desert was some fancy tarts. The appetizer was blue organic corn nacho chips and a medium salsa. The wine was a nice Pinot Grigio and the Scotch was a double casked Islay single malt of 12 years of age.

The company was lovely - Dan and Jennifer are some of the nicest folks I know. I've known Dan since 1991 and I consider him one of my close friends. The world needs more folks like this - Jen for her optimism and smiley demeanor and Dan for his cynicism-tinged realism. They make a good couple with a ridiculously brightly coloured tropical bird as their surrogate child (if Dan's whale-tale turbo Porsche doesn't count in that role as well).

Good food, good company. Must do again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment